A key part of the Utility group benchmarking program are the shared practice meetings and surveys.
About Shared Practice Meetings
Each month we have a one-hour Shared Practice Meeting on MS Teams. We may not have one in the months of Utility Council meetings or December. Check the schedule for a complete list of upcoming meetings and events.
Shared Practice meetings are one-hour long. Most start with a 5-minute summary of the monthly shared practice survey results. Then they might include a short presentation, case study, or be a general town hall on the topic of the month. There is usually some time at the end available for participants to ask the others any question for feedback on emerging issues.
Benchmarking participants are encouraged to share a case study, can suggest topics for meetings, and can moderate a meeting on an appropriate topic of their choice. (contact us).
All meetings are open to any staff of a participating (benchmarking) organization; many are open to the staff of any utility if not a benchmarking-specific topic. (Staff includes anyone with email@utility address.)
Some shared practice meeting presentations are available online:
- How Zero Waste Can Benefit Your Organization
- Metal Coatings for Asset Preservation, Cleanliness and Safety
- Motivate, Engage, & Retain Your Best People
Prior Shared Practice Surveys
Each month we do a short Shared Practice Survey, typically related to that month’s Shared Practice meeting topic. Each survey takes just a few minute for you to complete and results are shared with all who participate. Benchmarking participants can request a survey on an appropriate topic or results from prior surveys (contact us).
2022 survey topics:
- Zero Waste Practices
- Snow Removal & Landscaping
- KPIs for Utility Facility Managers
- Facility Organization Structure
- Metal Coatings
- Unlocking Workplace Purpose
- Staff Retention
- Environmental Leadership 2022
- FM Issues 2022
- Workforce Issues
- Environmental Sensors
- Comparison of Utility Facility Project Approaches
- Facility KPIs
- How We Use Data
- Planning Hybrid Workspaces
- Facility Systems Used By Utility Facility Manager
- Initiatives Wellness Sustainability Resiliency
- Space and Occupancy Management Practices
- Return to Workplace
- Topics of Interest 2021