This free and open to all web conference session is to facilitate sharing of practices and lessons learned among cultural institution facility managers, in response to changing operations due to COVID-19.
- Resource list for Cultural Institutions by IAMFA
- Precautions for Museums during Covid-19 Pandemic, by CIMAM, the International Committee for Museums and Collections of Modern Art
- Caring for Heritage Collections during the COVID-19 Pandemic by Ontario Museum Association: Webinar recording on YouTube also PDF document by Canadian Conservation Institute
- See also resources provided by American Alliance of Museums
- ArtnetNewsMuseum-Reopening checklist
- The Event Safety Alliance Reopening Guide by the Event Safety Alliance (may be more for performing arts)
- Resource Pages by various Museum Associations
- March 26 call notes: CI COVID Town Hall Notes 03-26
- April 2 call notes: CI COVID Town Hall Notes 04-02
- April 11 call: recording on IAMFA site
- April 16 call notes:
- April 23 call: Ryan M. Dempsey, Managing Partner for East End Group shared the special cleaning methods they have been using for Target and other retail/logistic facilities that have remained open (may not be suitable for gallery areas)
- April 30 call: Opening Your Museum’s Grounds, group discussion to draft checklist of issues for your organization to consider: CI COVID Town Hall Notes 04-30
- John got those great charts on people’s intent to visit cultural institutions here: https://www.colleendilen.com/category/covid-19-updates/
- May 7 call: Bringing Back Staff: Doug Pilgrim from Davies Office shared things he is seeing in office furniture changes post-COVID
- Handout on Elevator issues: Vertical Transportation Back to Work Challenges
- May 14 call: Bringing Back Contractors
- May 21 call: Lessons Learned from Re-opened Facility – turned into general discussion, no one from opened facility joined.
- May 28 call: Restroom Make-over discussion. (Example issues) ALSO: slides from Restroom Design Best Practices to Prevent the Spread of Infection Webinar.
- June 4 call: Germicidal Ultraviolet (GUV) Lighting discussion with Brian Liebel, PE, Director of Standards and Research, Illuminating Engineering Society.
- Germicidal UV lighting report
- Forum with research on portable UV wands, etc.
- The Museum Recommended Practice RP-30 at the IES Bookstore
- Whitepaper on HVAC systems by Taylor Engineering
- Incomplete list of emerging COVID Inspired Products and Services
- See also related links on COVID/post-COVID in our Changing Workplace post.
The participants have requested that we continue this networking call, so we will do this MONTHLY for July-September every other Tuesday at 4:00 pm EDT as long as there is interest. This will also just be an open discussion networking call among the participant who join.
Please us the form below to request the meeting invite or submit questions for our next call. (This is open to cultural facility staff regardless of whether you currently participate in one of our programs.)