This free and open to all web conference session is to facilitate sharing of practices and lessons learned among cultural institution facility managers, in response to changing operations due to COVID-19.
- Resource list for Cultural Institutions by IAMFA
- March 26 call notes: CI COVID Town Hall Notes 03-26
- April 2 call notes: CI COVID Town Hall Notes 04-02
- April 11 call: recording on IAMFA site
- April 16 call notes:
- April 23 call: Ryan M. Dempsey, Managing Partner for East End Group shared the special cleaning methods they have been using for Target and other retail/logistic facilities that have remained open (may not be suitable for gallery areas)
- April 30 call: Opening Your Museum’s Grounds, group discussion to draft checklist of issues for your organization to consider: CI COVID Town Hall Notes 04-30
- John got those great charts on people’s intent to visit cultural institutions here: https://www.colleendilen.com/category/covid-19-updates/
- May 7 call: Bringing Back Staff: Doug Pilgrim from Davies Office shared things he is seeing in office furniture changes post-COVID
- Handout on Elevator issues: Vertical Transportation Back to Work Challenges
- May 14 call:
- Precautions for Museums during Covid-19 Pandemic, by CIMAM, the International Committee for Museums and Collections of Modern Art
- Caring for Heritage Collections during the COVID-19 Pandemic by Ontario Museum Association: Webinar recording on YouTube also PDF document by Canadian Conservation Institute
- See also resources provided by American Alliance of Museums
- ArtnetNewsMuseum-Reopening checklist
- The Event Safety Alliance Reopening Guide by the Event Safety Alliance (may be more for performing arts)
- Resource Pages by various Museum Associations
- Incomplete list of emerging COVID Inspired Products and Services
- See also related links on COVID/post-COVID in our Changing Workplace post.
Future networking calls Thursday, 4:00 pm EDT as long as there is interest. Here are the tentative agenda for the next several calls – we welcome anyone who is either a subject matter expert or willing to share start the discussion with what they are planning! It is much easier for others to react and comment on areas of difference on the web call format.
*** Stay Tuned for Date/Topic Changes *** We will add more granular topics and adjust schedule based upon SME or volunteers willing to share or lead discussion on topic of choice.
May 28 – Restroom Make-overs: What are you Doing/Planning?
This will be a general group discussion about changes to make your restrooms support touchless and socially-distance requirements. What are you doing – both temporary and permanent measures for different size restrooms? (Example issues) ALSO: slides from Restroom Design Best Practices to Prevent the Spread of Infection Webinar.
June 4 – Germicidal Ultraviolet (GUV) Lighting
Hear more about this technology.
June 11 – Reopening to the Public
This will be a general group discussion about how you plan to reopen to the public: occupancy limits, reservations systems, information on expected behaviors, changes to cleaning, gift shop, and food service operations. The focus is sharing plans and getting feedback from the group on cultural institution specific issues (please see the various references above for general issues).
- Measures to reassure public of safety (temperature check, etc)
- Additional signage/communications?
- Use of apps?
- New occupancy loads, occupancy monitoring?
- Supply masks or gloves to Visitors?
- Touchable interactives?
June 18 –
June 25 –
Future – Changes in Facility Design
This will be a general group discussion about what physical changes (or practices) you will employ at your cultural institution to encourage/enforce social distancing, access control, or other concerns with reopened facilities. The focus is sharing plans and getting feedback from the group on cultural institution specific issues (please see the various references above for general issues).
- Changes in entry/exiting?
Future – Facility Budget Impacts
This will be a general group discussion about impact to your facility budgets from lower organizational revenues and increase/changes in service levels.
- Cash management and organization viability?
Tell us which topics are of most interest to you for future calls: Cultural Facility COVID Issues and Topics Survey
Please us the form below to request the meeting invite or submit questions for our next call. (This is open to cultural facility staff regardless of whether you currently participate in one of our programs.)