A condensed benchmarking survey will be continued for smaller cultural institutions, those with an area of less than 50,000 ft.² or 5000 m². The survey is designed to provide KPI’s (key performance indicators) for facility managers that do not have the staff or resources to participate in the comprehensive IAMFA survey. The survey questions were developed with input from the steering committee that included:
- Brent Adams, Library of Congress
- Brian Coleman, Museum Victoria
- Jennifer Fragomeni, Exploratorium
- Kendra Gastright & Steve Hinz, Smithsonian Institution
- John Glen, Auckland War Memorial Museum
- Patrick Jones, Art Institute of Chicago
- Guy Larocque, Canadian Museum of Civilization
- Linda McMillian & Jack Plumb, National Library of Scotland
- Rich Reinert, Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Dave Samec, National Gallery
- Tony Young, Carnegie Museums
Very positive feedback was received during a general session at the IAMFA conference in Boston, attended by about 100 participants . Nearly all the attendees of smaller institutions indicated they would participate in a survey of this type and felt that it would meet their needs. There are 14 questions covering the critical aspects of benchmarking in the following sections.
These sections represent about 95% of the controllable operating spend for a typical institution. Most participants should be able to complete their data input in less than 30 minutes after they have collected their data.
The survey is priced much lower than the regular rate and includes a summary report and technical assistance.
For more information please contact Bob Lambe at 1.315.601.6010 or email.