The Utilities Council is one of the Councils of the International Facility Management Association (IFMA).
Utilities Council members meet each year in the spring (Wed-Thu-Fri at host utility) and in the fall just before World Workplace (Sun-Mon prior to WWP). The location of our spring meeting varies and the location of our fall meeting is typically in or near the same city as IFMA’s World Workplace.
The primary purpose of the Council is to:
- share and develop knowledge among members
- facilitate best in class performance
- identify best practices that improve service and provide high customer satisfaction ratings,
- improve the cost performance, and
- promote environmental stewardship for utilities which include electric, gas, water, and telecommunications companies.
For more information visit the IFMA Utility Council Website.
In addition to the Utility Council Meetings, Facility Issues typically holds eastern and western utility group meetings (EUG & WUG) in the winter and summer. These meetings are typically held at the office of a utility participating in the benchmarking program. The purpose of these meetings are to provide additional regional networking opportunities and discuss specific benchmarking related topics.
See the related pages on this website for more information on these meetings and the next scheduled dates.