From time to time we distribute shared practice surveys – these are short surveys on specific topics of interest to Utility Facility Managers on topics associated with the meetings or issues that arise that are not included in the benchmarking program. The advantage of these vs. chat boards is that we present the results as a report so even when the response is low it is easy to use the results with your leadership.
You do not need to be enrolled in any of our programs to participate in these surveys (just to request one). Everyone who participates receives a copy of the results if they provide their email address in the survey. Just sign up on our mailing list (below) to receive an email when a new survey is available (we use this list for the surveys and occasional program updates – you will not get a bunch of marketing emails from us).
Currently Open Surveys
Each survey typically runs for 2-3 weeks, but some are ongoing. Please participate in any topics related to your area of work and ignore the others.
- Technical Training Centers – How many and how new are your technical training facilities.
- Service Center Construction Costs – Ongoing survey/report on cost for service center construction; submit a project to help build a model for budget planning.
- Sustainability Practices – Ongoing survey about sustainability issues impacting facility managers.
Recent Survey Reports
Below are some extracted results from surveys in recent years on topics of recurring interest (year updated is shown).
- Scope of Facilities Managed (2019)
- Bedbugs (2019) – Are you experiencing? How do you respond?
- Electric Vehicle Parking/Chargers (2019)
- Moves Adds Changes (2019) – How do you manage employee moves?
- Meditation Rooms (2019) – What do you provide for this type of support space?
- LGBTQ Rest Rooms (2019) – Do you have a policy for this issue in existing buildings?
- Capital Planning Systems (2019)
- Outsource Provider Fees, Staffing, and Rates (2019 – Limited to participants)
- Appliances in the Workplace (2018)
- Office Space Standards (2018)
- Office Trash/Recycling Centralization (2018)
- Restroom Hand Dryers (2018)
- Canopy Parking for Service (Crew) Trucks (2018)
- Move Charge Backs (2018)
- Office Space Standards (2017)
- Spoil Handling (2017)
- Sustainability Practices (2017)
- Staffing (2017 – Limited to participants)