The Western Utilities Group
The Western Utilities Group (WUG) meets at member sites to share best practices, network with regional peers, and benchmark data. All of our utility benchmarking participants located west of the Mississippi River are automatically invited to WUG meetings, but benchmarking participants can attend EUG or WUG meetings. These regional meetings typically have high participation levels because they are short, the smaller group allows a lot of interaction, and more than 90 percent of our attendees repeat each year.
WUG meetings are typically held in the winter and summer to complement the Utility Council’s general meetings, which are held in the spring and fall.
A typical meeting (example agenda) includes:
- Introductions / Current Issues
- Benchmarking Survey Update
- Hot topic discussions on topics requested by participants
- Tour of facility with discussion
- Educational topics – sometimes presented via webinar for those unable to attend in person
February Meeting – hosted by NV Energy
- Location: NV Energy Beltway Complex, 7155 Lindell Road Las Vegas, NV 89118
- Dates: February 12 (all day Wed) and February 13, 2020 (am Thur)
- ~ 3 miles from meeting: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Vegas SW – Spring Valley, 6220 S Rainbow Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89118
- ~ 4 miles from meeting: Homewood Suites by Hilton Las Vegas Airport, 230 Hidden Well Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89119 (Others near this one: Tru by Hilton Las Vegas Airport and DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Las Vegas Airport)
- ~ 4 miles from meeting: Courtyard by Marriott Las Vegas South, 5845 Dean Martin Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89118 (Others near this one: Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Las Vegas South, Staybridge Suites Las Vegas, Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas – South)
- ~ 6 miles all the gaming hotels along the strip
- Agenda: DRAFT WUG Agenda 2020-02
- Friday Tour: Tentatively one of these sites: IGT (gaming industry), Las Vegas Ballpark, or Allegiant Stadium (to open this August)
August Meeting – hosted by Avista (details to come)
This meeting will be Wednesday and Thursday morning instead of the normal Thursday/Friday. An example or draft agenda is provided above – as usually there may be refinements based on logistics of tour, speaker schedules, and participant interests.
Let us know who is attending from your company so we can plan accordingly. If your company has registered for this year’s benchmarking program, there is no additional charge to attend. Just email Robert Lambe with the names of your attendees. If you are not a benchmarking participant you will need to register here.
Interested in Hosting a Meeting?