The Western Utilities Group
The Western Utilities Group (WUG) meets at member sites to share best practices, network with regional peers, and benchmark data. All of our utility benchmarking participants located west of the Mississippi River are automatically invited to WUG meetings, but benchmarking participants can attend EUG or WUG meetings. These regional meetings typically have high participation levels because they are short, the smaller group allows a lot of interaction, and more than 90 percent of our attendees repeat each year.
WUG meetings are typically held in the winter and summer to complement the Utility Council’s general meetings, which are held in the spring and fall.
A typical meeting includes:
- Introductions / Current Issues
- Benchmarking Survey Update
- Hot topic discussions on topics requested by participants
- Tour of facility with discussion
- Educational topics – sometimes presented via webinar for those unable to attend in person
August Meeting – hosted by Xcel Energy (in combination with EUG)
- Location: Xcel Headquarters, 414 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN
- Dates: August 14 (Wed afternoon) and August 15, 2019 (all day Thur)
- Hotels: (These are within a few blocks, there are others as well)
- Metro (light rail) goes from Airport to Nicollet Ave stop right by meeting venue/near hotels
- Agenda: EUG WUG Agenda Aug
This meeting will be Wednesday afternoon and all-day Thursday to accommodate flight times from around the US. Draft agenda is provided above – as usually there may be refinements based on logistics of tour, speaker schedules, and participant interests.
Let us know who is attending from your company so we can plan accordingly. If your company has registered for this year’s benchmarking program, there is no additional charge to attend. Just email Robert Lambe with the names of your attendees. If you are not a benchmarking participant please register here.