The Eastern Utilities Group
The Eastern Utilities Group (EUG) meets at member sites to share best practices, network with regional peers, and benchmark data. All of our utility benchmarking participants located east of the Mississippi River are automatically invited to EUG meetings, but benchmarking participants can attend EUG or WUG meetings. These regional meetings typically have high participation levels because they are short, the smaller group allows a lot of interaction, and more than 90 percent of our attendees repeat each year.
EUG meetings are typically held in the winter and summer to complement the Utility Council’s general meetings, which are held in the spring and fall. Past meetings have included attendees from these organizations.
A typical meeting (example agenda) includes:
- Introductions / Current Issues
- Benchmarking Survey Update
- Hot topic discussions on topics requested by participants
- Tour of facility with discussion
- Educational topics – sometimes presented via webinar for those unable to attend in person
February Meeting – hosted by Duke Energy
- Location: 299 1st Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- Dates: February 27-28, 2020
- Nearby Hotels (may have corporate rate available):
- Hyatt Place St. Petersburg / Downtown, 25 2nd St N, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- Hampton Inn & Suites St. Petersburg/Downtown, 80 Beach Dr NE, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- Courtyard by Marriott St. Petersburg Downtown, 300 4th St N, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- Agenda: DRAFT EUG Agenda 2020-02
- Friday Tour: New Clearwater Operations (Service) Center, See 360 degree images here
July-August Meeting – (northeast? TBD)
This meeting will be Thursday and Friday morning as usual. An example or draft agenda is provided above – as usually there may be refinements based on logistics of tour, speaker schedules, and participant interests.
Let us know who is attending from your company so we can plan accordingly. If your company has registered for this year’s benchmarking program, there is no additional charge to attend. Just email Robert Lambe with the names of your attendees. If you are not a benchmarking participant you will need to register here.