The 2017 RFB (Research Facilities Benchmarking Group) Best Practices meeting will be hosted by Battelle in Columbus, Ohio on June 7-9.
This annual event is an opportunity to learn about the best practices of high-performing organizations.
Topics will include energy and utilities, maintenance, sustainability, safety, space planning, and more.
The most tangible benefit from attending the conference will be the networking opportunities you will gain. Participants will develop a deeper understanding of the approaches the benchmarking participants have taken to improve their operations, reduce their costs or both. The RFB group has saved more than $158 million over a 5-year period — an average of about $1.25 per square foot annually.
Benchmarking offers other benefits, too and you will learn about them at the conference. It is a way to…
- Measure your effectiveness
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses
- Reduce costs and add value
- Justify costs and practices
- Practice continuous improvement
- Identify the best practices for your facility
- Establish goals for further improvements
- Provide information for strategic planning
- Challenge “business-as-usual” methods
- Facilitate discussions about best practices between organizations
- Learn from others so you can apply their techniques in your organization
Hotel information and a draft agenda will be provided.