Who Should Participate?
The Overview of FM Metrics for Managers workshop is intended for managers new to the facilities function, entry level managers, or those who want to better understand how to effectively use facility data for analysis, planning, and facility management.
This workshop will focus more on the use and application of facility data (vs. the assembly and processing of it) as an informed data consumer. The final module is hands-on with your own data to develop an approach for how you can integrate your facility data for easier and more effective insights.
- Overview & Introductions – Overview of the workshop objectives and participant introductions.
- Facility Metrics that Matter – Understand the range of facility-related data, different types of metrics, and when to use each.
- Using Benchmarking – Overview of the value of benchmarking, how to use the results, and how to quickly develop an improvement action plan. (We use Facility Issues benchmarking reports as the example but will discuss any that you share during the workshop.)
- Using Dashboards and Scorecards – Overview of the difference in dashboard, scorecards, and other infographics and how to use each.
- Overview of Power Query and Power BI – Overview of the power available in these parts of the MS Office suite for data processing and visualization.
- Hands-on: Plan an Integrated Scorecard for Your Organization – Working session to use your own data sources and reports to draft an approach for creating and integrated facility scorecard using the lessons from this workshop. (Users familiar with MS Excel or MS Power BI may use those as appropriate.)
Workshop Organization and Requirements
This workshop is offered as two half-day virtual meetings in 2021. Each workshop has six modules that are about an hour each: 20-minute presentation 15-minute exercise, 20-minute discussion and 5- minute stretch break.
Group sizes are kept small to allow for sufficient interaction among workshop participants, and custom question/answer help discussions. We use Zoom (and/or MS Teams) for the session based upon participant needs.
- Staff member of an internal facilities group (prior permission required if FM consultant or contractor)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Commitment to attend and participate in the full session.
I work with Facility Data for my organization:
- Familiarity with your facility data to understand its sources and nature.
- Familiarity with your organization’s strategic plan and management reporting.
- Copy of any benchmarking reports, monthly status/variance reports, IWMS/CAFM/CMMS reports, etc. to use in the Hands-on session.
Suitable Computer and Software:
- Licensed Microsoft Excel (2016 or newer, preferably Office 365).
We will email an invoice with confirmation of your registration and the workshop date (we may offer an alternative time if session is full).
- $380 General registration
- $340 GSA rate (government employees)
- $190 Employees of participating benchmarking organizations
Upcoming Workshop Sessions:
TBD From 1:00 am to 4:00 pm EDT / 10:00 am to 1:00 pm PDT