Our cost surveys play a critical role in the benchmarking process.
Facility Issues offers web-based cost surveys for those who participate in one of our four established benchmarking groups:
- Museums & Cultural Institutions
- IFMA Utilities Council
- Facility Managers Roundtable
- Research Institutions
We design and build each survey based on input from a steering committee. The surveys are designed to not only measure performance in key areas of facility management but also to identify best practices and industry trends. Although we update the surveys each year to address emerging concerns, we always collect data related to space utilization, operations and maintenance, and best practices.
How we conduct surveys…
- You enroll in a group online. After we process your payment, you receive an email with instructions for accessing your survey.
- You complete your survey over a period of about 4 months. You can complete the survey in increments and delegate data collection to appropriate staff in your organization.
- We analyze the data from all of the participants in your group. This usually takes about a month. Facility Issues offers webinars to help you with this process.
- We prepare a draft report that you can download.
- The group gathers at a conference, meeting, or workshop to discuss the results of the survey.
- After you review the draft report and provide comments and revisions, we finalize it.
What you can expect to see in each report…
The report contains graphs, charts, and tables comparing costs for various aspects of facility management across the entire group. We also compare results for current and previous years to assess trends.